Successfully doing business with China
Chinese companies are trading in a growing number of sectors in the Netherlands, from ICT to agri-food and from chemicals to renewable energy. At the same time, more and more companies in the Netherlands are seeking opportunities and possibilities in China.
Marxman forms part of the China Collaborative Group (CCG). The CCG facilitates investment requirements from China to the Netherlands and Europe and also supports companies wishing to do business in China. The CCG is officially recognised by the Chinese National Development and Reform Commission (the economic affairs ministry).
Participation in the CIIE-exhibition in November 2021 in Shanghai
The Marxman Chinadesk provides actively information to clients in the Netherlands concerning developments in China regarding legal and business subjects. We also advise clients the Netherlands on a variety of subjects and litigate in lawsuits and (international) arbitration. We support Chinese clients with legal and business issues in and concerning the Netherlands. Our fields of expertise frequently involved are for example: Company Law, Intellectual Property, Banking and Finance, Labour Law, Restructuring & Bankruptcy, Privacy & Data Protection, ICT & Technology and Mergers and Acquisitions. This could concern matters in both jurisdictions such as:
- advise on insolvency law, directors liability, creditors rights including litigation
- supervision of mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity transactions
- solving commercial disputes between companies
- incorporating legal entities (including joint ventures)
- protection and enforcement of trade- and brand names, patents and other intellectual property
- implementation of strategies for market entry (permits and licences)
- supervision of direct or indirect corporate investments (outward direct investments and foreign direct investments)
- outsourcing production
- advise on privacy and data protection issues including implementing corporate policies
- licensing and sales and purchase of technology including dispute resolution
- advise on employment issues and disputes resolution services
- facilitating bank-related matters
- facilitating contacts between business partners
- representation of companies in doing business with China
Via the CCG we have an extensive network of leading Chinese lawyers, accountants and venture capital and private equity companies. As a result, we can offer you pragmatic assistance with the differences in legal systems, culture and language.
We operate in the following sectors i.e. Sports Industry, Health Care, Real Estate, Manufacturing, Ecommerce, ICT and Technology.