Team IP/ICT/Privacy consists of lawyers and jurists (some with a background in business) who specialise in intellectual property, ICT and privacy law. They keep abreast of technological developments and market trends.
Our Team assists with national and international negotiations on automation contracts and license agreements. On both the procurement and sales side. They advise on implementation and development projects. Leveraging their legal knowledge and experience, they arrive at the best solutions in a rapidly developing market. Agreements are laid down in clear contracts. Continuity and future-proofing of solutions are important in this.
In addition to our consultancy services, we litigate in court or assist our clients in alternative dispute resolution (such as arbitration or mediation). We can do this in both Dutch and English.
Our specialists in copyright law, trademark law, design and model law and know-how are also well-versed in media and advertising law and online sales/ e-commerce. We are also active in various Smart City projects.
- Help with ICT contracts on development/ procurement/ installation/ implementation/ maintenance and migration. Both for customised and off the shelf solutions. On-premises, in the Cloud or a hybrid solution.
- All kinds of agreements on intellectual property, such as licensing, exploitation and transfer. We also advise on registrations and the (im)possibilities involved.
- In connection with an acquisition, advising on the position of the target in relation to intellectual property rights to be taken over.
- Privacy issues, such as international data transfers, GDPR compliance and (preventing) data breaches.
- Litigating these issues, such as in disputes about breaches and failed automation processes.
We work with clients and suppliers in both the SME segment and large enterprises (national and international) across various industries. Our clients operate in areas such as the manufacturing industry, service provision, sports, healthcare institutions and (semi-) government bodies.
Our Team collaborates with:
- team Commercial Contracting and Litigation;
- the privacy lawyers of Privacyned (www.privacyned.nl);
- the AVG (GDPR) scan (www.avgscan.nl);
- various colleagues within the Consulegis network in connection with international transactions, breaches and questions, or for clients operating in multiple countries;
- specialists in tendering law and cybersecurity.
Our Team is a member of:
- Smart cities law firm
- Dutch Association for Privacy Law (VPR)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
Marxman is a proud partner of the NWO project ‘Designing for Controversies in Responsible Smart Cities’. Together with the municipality of Amersfoort and the universities of Twente and Utrecht, and under the direction of Prof Dr Mascha van der Voort, research is being conducted into the social aspects of Smart Cities. Our mission here is to find the best way to provide openness about, inter alia, privacy aspects of smart city projects, in order to maximise acceptance (by the general public) and participation.